A results-driven manager with over 14 years of professional experience efficiently achieving business goals, both large and small. I am an innovative and motivated self-starter with eight years of direct management experience, overseeing teams of up to 25 team members in deadline driven and budget-conscious settings.
- Personnel Management, Team Building and Mentoring
- Innovative Problem Solving and Strategic Planning
- Project Management Practices and Software
- Marketing/Creative Writing and Editing
- Public Speaking and Business Communication
- Multi-Channel Marketing
• Summit Learning (part of TLP Education) – Creative Director
Acted as head of the Creative Marketing and Content team for the nationwide non-profit organization focused on ensuring that every student is prepared for life beyond the classroom.
• International Rescue Committee – Local Volunteer, Seattle Chapter
Served as a local volunteer for the international organization focused on responding to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helping those whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster.
• Court Appointed Special Advocates – Volunteer (Fundraising Campaigns)
Executed several fundraising campaigns for the national organization that supports and promotes court-appointed advocates for abused and neglected children.
• AdCouncil – Volunteer (Marketing)
Developed and implemented an informational campaign for a new content management system intended to further the organization’s efforts to bring together creative minds to change lives.
Marketing Consultant: Freelance (dba Tiltshift); Feb 2015 – Current
Worked with clients to solve their creative and business needs, executing digital, print, content and direct campaigns.
- Developed marketing teams for clients from the ground up, including finding, hiring and training of complete teams.
- Launched new campaigns for clients, some of which resulted in 400%+ ROI
Creative Director: Summit Learning Program; Sep 2018 – Jan 2020
Managed a team of 5 team members to produce measurable outcomes geared towards shaping the future of education in the United States, while ensuring effective communication with all internal and external partners.
- Brought marketing and creative teams under one point of leadership for first time
- Successfully launched multi-media content channels for Summit, which resulted in extensive positive brand recognition across the space
Head of Copy (North and South America): FEED Communications; Mar 2017 – Mar 2018
Directed top-quality Copy creation for all of the Americas, while managing, training and developing a team of 3 individuals.
- Executed extensive testing programs across the 170 million person eBay CRM audience, resulting in significantly higher Opens and CTRs
- Launched very first content campaign for eBay Advertising, the sellers arm of the company
Senior Marketing Copywriter: Getty Images; May 2015 – Aug 2016
Helped lead the Marketing team of 4 team members to expand our media footprint, redefine the company brand and constantly push marketing efforts to new standards.
- Launched the Internal Marketing team, and was offered a full-time role as a result of the quality of my work.
- Researched, created and launched a new, global brand for the company
Associate Creative Director: Hacker Agency (FCB/IPG); May 2011 – Feb 2015
Directly managed a team of 3 creatives, overseeing the second largest vertical at the agency, healthcare marketing. Led creative development for pitches, overseeing up to 25.
- Led several RFP responses that successfully resulted in new agency billings of over $19M.
- Promoted to Associate Creative Director from Copywriter as a result of my performance.
Copywriter: GSM Mercury; May 2010 – Jan 2011
Took on several aspects of creative development for the government and public affairs agency, including print writing, digital/social media management and scripting.
- Successfully managed and grew social media channels for series of external clients.
- Utilized expansive and versatile skill set to earn the nickname “The Swiss Army Knife” from the CEO.
Additional experience available upon request.
BA in Journalism; Minor in Communication Studies; University of Oregon 2006
Microsoft Office – [Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Access] (Advanced), Google Suite (Advanced), Adobe Creative Cloud (Advanced), Project Management Software – [Asana, Basecamp] (Intermediate), HTML Email Software – [Pardot, MailChimp] (Advanced), CMS – [Wordpress, Squarespace, DotNetNuke] (Intermediate)